Writing a Teaching Philosophy
From the University of Minnesota: A teaching philosophy is a self-reflective statement of your beliefs about teaching and learning. It should also discuss how you put your beliefs into practice by including concrete examples of what you do or anticipate doing in the classroom. more
Writing a Philosophy of Teaching Statement– Ohio State
Goals for student learning – your intended learning outcomes.
- How do you teach?
- What is your method?
- Why do you do it this way?
Assessment of Learning/ Outcomes:
- How does your assessment process and criteria contribute to student learning?
- How do you create an environment and conditions conducive to learning?
- Your best teachers
- Your most significant and inspiring learning/ classroom experiences.
- Your most successful teaching experiences.
- The most impressive and successful faculty you’ve witnessed teaching.